Following a successful round of Series A funding, we now have an exciting new job opportunity for a Vendor Manager that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company from the LSP (language service provider) sector. This position can be 100% remote will be responsible for analyzing current vendor performance and determine which one’s work in the best interest of the company.
100% Remote option available - you can be based anywhere in the world. Office location in the MENA countries are available.
Fluent English is essential, other languages are an advantage
Our client is fast growing LSP, creating an impressive reputation over the past 20 years in translation and language services, working in business sectors such as legal, financial services, medical and technical to name but a few. They have recently completed a successful Series A funding to further develop and grow their business into new markets across the MENA territory.
In order to capitalize on their business successes and expansion into new markets, they now wish to recruit a Vendor Manager. You will be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts with an ability to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. The role will include the following typical duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors
- Meet with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conduct interviews with new vendors and inform approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establish standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Searching for qualified translators (full-time, freelance, or vendor) on different platforms such as but not limited to (LinkedIn, Proz, Translators café,…etc.)
- Vetting resources properly whether through testing or due diligence activities
- Negotiating prices and rates with them
- Assist new freelance translators through onboarding,
- Review current vendors and analyze if they meet current company needs.
- Cancel contracts with vendors that are no longer needed.
- Research and establish relationships with new vendors when necessary.
- Organize and track all documentation between the company and vendors.
- Resolve vendor disputes or issues quickly and efficiently
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent English is essential, other languages are an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Linguistics or any related field.
- Experience in language service provider and the ability to use different VM related software programs is a plus
- Proficiency and good command of MS Visio and business modeling techniques
- Exceptional leadership, critical thinking, collaboration, and communications skills
- Superb record keeping, time management, and organizational skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish and govern business process towards excellence performance
- Ability to make decisions fast and establish rules towards proper business management
- Ability to facilitate business process and monitor other members of staff towards attaining business goal.
SALARY, BENEFITS, WORKING HOURS
Very competitive, all salary requests considered. Please state your salary request upon application. Benefits include Professional development Plan, Generous leave, Regular company outings, Employee Referral Scheme, Opportunity to accelerate your professional growth at a rapidly growing business.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to us immediately, or contact me for an initial discussion.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes