NEW JOB! Molecular Biology Technical Applications Scientist, EMEA. Fantastic opportunity to join a global leading science company and develop your career with customers in the field of science technology and intelligence.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Fluent English AND also Fluency in a 2nd EU language (ideally German, French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch but ALL EU languages considered) is essential
Based out of modern and world class offices just outside of Cambridge, our client is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets biological and scientific systems. They work with a range of clients from across the world.
In order to support their EMEA clients (such as laboratories, R&D centres, universities, agriculture etc.), they wish to recruit a Technical Applications Scientist, EMEA. Working as part of an international, multilingual science team, your role will be to work closely with clients on a daily basis with general support on all science applications and will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and answer queries from EMEA based clients (mostly by telephone, or email) - understand, evaluate and prioritize the query
- Aim to answer, manage and resolve basic inquiries using knowledge of technical issues (excellent full training will be given!)
- Escalate the query to other departments if you are not able to resolve it yourself
- Work with your country based Engineers and Applications Scientists in the EMEA countries if they must visit the client to resolve any queries.
- Maintain excellent records of all customer interactions
- Develop and maintain networks with internal Technical Application Scientist team
- Compile with all health and safety directions plus all relevant written instructions and work instructions
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent English AND also Fluency in a 2nd EU language (ideally German, French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch but ALL EU languages considered) is essential - a bilingual job
- Educated to M.S. or Ph.D in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, or a relevant field
- Some practical sequencing or BeadArray experience is an advantage
- Previous customer services experience (all experience considered) is an advantage but not essential as full training is given
- Excellent, positive communication skills are essential
- You will have excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Have a passion about supporting and advising customers on products and applications
- Be confident to communicate on a professional basis to customers
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no day is the same
- Full valid visa to live and work in the UK without restriction
- The level of training offered for this role is extensive and career progression is very much possible from this role.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£31,000 + superb benefits (pension, stock options, flexible work hours, family leave, holidays, sick leave etc.).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to us immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes