Italian speaking Molecular Biology Technical Applications Scientist. Fantastic opportunity to join a global leading science company and develop your career with customers in the field of science technology and intelligence.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Italian and English
Based out of modern and world class offices just outside of Cambridge, our client is part of a global company in the field of science and micro/molecular biology, working with a range of clients from across the world.
In order to support their Italian speaking clients (such as laboratories, R&D centres, universities, agriculture etc.) across Italy , they wish to recruit an Italian speaking Technical Applications Scientist. Working as part of an international, multilingual science applications team, your role will be to work closely with clients in Italy on a daily basis with general support on all science applications and will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to customers and colleagues on full product range
- Troubleshoot a variety of issues related to products with a focus on instruments under limited instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure efficient and timely support for customer
- Assist customers with and provide analysis of customer data
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Triage and dispatch issues requiring field support to Field Service Engineers and Field Applications Scientists/Specialists
- Provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate product to existing and prospective customers
- Working closely with sales and marketing, QA/QC, research and development to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up
- Maintain excellent records of all customer interactions
- Develop and maintain networks with internal Technical Application Scientist team
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent Italian and English is essential
- Educated to MSc. or Ph.D in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, or a relevant field
- Laboratory experience using, developing or troubleshooting a wide range of molecular biology protocols such as PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures with a strong flavour of Software & Bioinformatics usage
- Biotech experience preferred with previous experience in a direct external customer support role
- Experience with BeadArrays or another microarray technology
- Experience with microarray data analysis
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing technology
- Excellent understanding of software & bioinformatics/genetics, sequence alignment algorithms or related disciplines
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
- Previous customer services experience (all experience considered) is an advantage but not essential as full training is given
- Excellent, positive communication skills are essential
- Full valid visa to live and work in the UK without restriction
The level of training offered for this role is extensive and career progression is very much possible from this role.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£30,000 - £33,000 superb benefits (pension, flexible work hours, family leave, holiday, sick leave etc.).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to us immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes