Head of Translation Operations. Fantastic new opportunity to head up the operations of key divisions of a leading organisation in the production of translation and language related services across the globe.
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire (20 mins NW of London)
Our client is a leading company in the global and niche business sector of intellectual property and patent protection translation, localization and language related services across the world.
To head up the full company operations of 2 key business divisions, of over 100+ personnel, they wish to recruit a Head of Operations. Your position should ensure the key translation, production and checking management personnel achieve the overall objectives of each department. The role will cover the following typical job responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. Perform root cause analysis.
- Train, supervise and evaluate assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring their departmental and individual performance objectives are met
- Ensure that all projects are completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of all ongoing client projects for the purpose of coordinating resources
- Ensure vendors are properly informed of the expectations and timelines for work completion and that vendor follow-up is completed
- Develop reporting procedures for timely and accurate reporting requirements at management meetings.
- Work with IT to develop policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of improving efficiency and providing direction for meeting the company’s objectives.
- Analyse department work levels and recommend changes in staffing levels/positions to meet business unit work needs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of education
- Operational management experience, ideally in the translation sector but this is not essential as all backgrounds will be considered
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong skills in process flow analysis, review and change
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to supervise employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner
SALARY & BENEFITS
£Excellent - very, very competitive! Excellent benefits (22 days holiday, gym membership, pension scheme, life assurance, annual season ticket loan scheme, private medical insurance).
To apply for this role, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes