Fantastic opportunity for a German speaking Scientific Technical Support Specialist to join a global leading science company and offer to their clients technical support on scientific issues concerning molecular biology and general life sciences. The role will develop your career with customers in the field of science technology and intelligence across Europe.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Fluent English is essential + also fluency in German
Based out of modern and world class offices just outside of Cambridge, our client is part of a global company in the field of science and micro/molecular biology, working with a range of clients from across the world.
In order to support their German speaking clients (such as laboratories, R&D centres, universities, agriculture etc.) across the DACH countries Europe, they wish to recruit a German speaking Scientific Technical Support Specialist. Working as part of an international, multilingual science applications team, your role will be to work closely with clients on a daily basis with general support on all science applications and will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and answer queries from clients (mostly by telephone, or email) - understand, evaluate and prioritize the query
- Aim to answer, manage and resolve basic inquiries using knowledge of technical issues (excellent full training will be given!)
- Escalate the query to other departments if you are not able to resolve it yourself
- Work with your country based Engineers and Applications Scientists if they must visit the client to resolve any queries. Work with them to plan a client visit
- Maintain excellent records of all customer interactions
- Develop and maintain networks with internal Technical Application Scientist team
- Compile with all health and safety directions plus all relevant written instructions and work instructions
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent English is essential as well as fluency in German
- Educated to M.S. or Ph.D in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, or a relevant field
- Some practical sequencing or BeadArray experience is an advantage
- Previous customer services experience (all experience considered) is an advantage but not essential as full training is given
- Excellent, positive communication skills are essential
- You will have excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Have a passion about supporting and advising customers on products and applications
- Be confident to communicate on a professional basis to customers
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no day is the same
- Full valid visa to live and work in the UK without restriction
The level of training offered for this role is extensive and career progression is very much possible from this role.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£33,000 + 6% bonus, $10,000 stock options and more superb benefits (pension, flexible work hours, family leave, holiday, sick leave etc.).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to us immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes