NEW JOB! German speaking Conference & Events Manager. Fantastic opportunity to join a global science company in Cambridge and work on the marketing of their events and conferences plans and strategies across Europe
Cambridge (40 minutes north of London by direct train )
French OR German
Based out of modern and world class offices just outside of Cambridge, our client is a global life science company working with a range of clients from across the world.
The role of the German speaking Events Manager will be to create marketing events (face-to-face and virtual) and ensure the successful brand and corporate image in all events and promotional situations. Typical job responsibilities will include project management, planning, scheduling and budget as well as the following:
- Manage and execute regional events in alignment with company strategic priorities
- Plan, manage and execute all aspects associated with tradeshows and hosted events (face-to-face and virtual), incl. all pre, during and post event digital activities such as e-mails, registration websites, and interactive digital content
- Provide expertise and best practices to stakeholders, e.g. segment teams and senior management, on event strategy, execution and tools
- Consult the internal creative studio and regional programs and segment manager when localizing content to ensure alignment with global guidelines
- Be responsible for event vendor management and logistical coordination
- Tracks event budget, complete procurement and invoicing
- Leverage material created by the internal creative studio, and works with external creative partners
- Capture relevant event data into appropriate systems
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fluent German, as well as English, is essential.
- University/college degree in marketing, communications, or related field required, or equivalent work experience – Must have corporate event planning experience including managing budget, venue sourcing, contracting, registration, housing, ground transportation, audio/visual, reporting, management/assessment of virtual event platforms
- Experience managing virtual and hybrid events
- Extensive experience creating online event registration pages (Cvent or similar), Registration Management Email Communications,
- Experience negotiating and contracting hotels and ancillary services
- Strong leadership skills
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in a matrix or highly cross-functional business
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
SALARY & BENEFITS
£40,000 - £45,000 + superb benefits ($8,000 stock options, £bonus, pension, flexible work hours, family leave, holiday, sick leave etc.).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to us immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes