German, Dutch, French & English speaking Scientific & Engineering Translators. Excellent opportunities for science or engineering educated professionals to begin a new career in translation, using their excellent language skills and education and industry knowledge.
Our client is a truly international translation company - one of the world's largest organisation’s in this sector - working with some of the world's most high profile companies and brands.
To join the international translation department, they wish to recruit scientific and engineering translators with the following language skills and with the following industry backgrounds and knowledge’s:
- Native level English, excellent knowledge of German plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automotive engineering
- Native level German, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in biochemistry or chemistry
- Native level German, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: electronics engineering, physics
- Native level French, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in electronics engineering
- Native level Dutch, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: telecommunications, IT
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Fluency in the relevant language combination that you are applying for (German, Dutch, French or English to mother tongue standard + necessary fluent 2nd language for the job)
- An industry background relating to the position that you area applying for a background in translation is NOT essential, as full training will be given, It is more important that you have the scientific / engineering / industry experience and knowledge
- Excellent skills in concentration and written communication
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work to deadlines
£30,000-£35,000 neg . Benefits include 22 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), 3% contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, annual season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme
To apply in full confidence, please enclose your CV and details of current remuneration.