NEW JOB! French & Japanese speaking Localisation Specialist. Our client is a world leading media, video & computer games and entertainment production and distribution company.
To work as part of their international translation and localisation team, they wish to recruit, for an initial 12 month contract, French & Japanese speaking Translation Specialist. The job will be to translate, proofread and edit from Japanese into French, everything necessary for the localisation of computer games related documentation. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Translate everything necessary for the localisation of computer games, including in-game text, manuals and strategy guides from Japanese into German
- Completion of various other tasks, for example website translation
- Translate and proofread from English if required
- Ensure high standards of translations at all times
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- French mother tongue level AND a very good level English and also of Japanese ( Proficiency Test Level 1 or equivalent experience is desirable )
- Experience as professional translator (not necessarily as a video game translator, but gaming experience is desirable). Candidates with no prior experience may also be considered
- Proficient in MS Office Package, especially Excel
- Knowledge of translation memory software is a plus (preferably memoQ)
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise
- Great attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS
- c£28,000 - £32,000 (negotiable) + bonus (c £6,000-£10,000) . 1 year fixed term contract
To apply for this role as French AND Japanese speaking Localisation Specialist, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.