Business Development Manager. Our client is a world leader in intellectual property (IP) and patent protection services and solutions. With a strong reputation for quality and reliability of service, they work with with major global clients in most industry sectors across the globe.
Can be remote, working out of the New York office.
Our client is one of the world's leaders in IP and patent protection services and solutions. They have built a reputation for quality, reliability and flexibility with their global team of IP translators, foreign filing experts and patent analysts. They lead the IP field with innovative services and technology.
In order to grow their full IP and patent protection solutions & service sales , they wish to recruit a Business Development Manager, ideally with good knowledge and experience in the IP market, to join their expanding US team. The role will typically cover the following job responsibilities :
- Targeting law firms, companies and individual inventors holding small patent portfolios within their assigned geographic territory
- On board and manage a portfolio of existing customers
- Source and close new clients from all industry sectors (law firms, automotive, financial services, tech and pharmaceutical companies) through referrals, cold calling, networking, and other means (trade shows etc)
- Build a productive pipeline and manage each phase of the sales process
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients
- Formulate sales plan to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Generate daily outreach efforts (direct mail, digital marketing, cold calls) to prospective clients
CANDIDATE SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- Fluency in English is essential
- Good communication skills
- Experience of sales
- Proven success in closing new business
- Organized and self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude
- Be financially motivated
- Proven success in closing new business and retaining existing accounts
- Knowledge of patents advantage
- Articulate with good communication skills
- Experience tracking sales activity in a CRM tool (e.g. Salesforce)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Base salary of c$50,000 p/a + (uncapped) commission. Benefits: 20 days’ holiday (plus public holidays and birthday leave), 401(k) with company contribution, healthcare scheme, dental/vision/life cover
To be considered for this opportunity please click the Apply Now button and send your CV to us.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes