Accounts Payable Assistant
Amazing opportunity to work as an Accounts Payable Assistant for a world leading technology company, offering a competitive starting salary (£26,500 - £27,500 pa depending on experience) plus bonus (15-20% of salary) plus fantastic benefits.
Our global client is a world leading brand in the technology industry.
Hybrid role - Office location of South West London area (35/40 minutes from Clapham/Waterloo) - 3 days a week in the office, 2 days remote working
As an Accounts Payable Assistant you will be responsible for for processing all relevant invoices, reconciling supplier statements and payments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external audit, tax and legal requirements and maintaining supplier accounts on a daily basis
- Coding & inputting supplier invoices onto the relevant computer system and apportioning costs accordingly
- Matching purchase orders and/or purchase receipts to supplier invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements to the Accounts Payable ledger
- Identifying and dealing with invoice and expense queries
- Processing expenses
- Understanding of UK VAT and understand when to disallow VAT
- Preparing payments to suppliers, including payment runs and ensuring suppliers are paid within agreed payment terms
- To develop effective relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues across the organisation
- Liaising with various departments and suppliers as necessary in order to expedite payments
- Scanning supplier invoices and relevant back up material, reviewing for completeness and then filing
- Providing necessary support within the team at month end
- Creating monthly journals including accruals where appropriate
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable
- Proven track record of dealing with a large number of invoices, expenses and payments, whilst working to tight deadlines
- Must have a good working knowledge of VAT laws and when to disallow VAT
- Must have an understanding of the importance of following financial controls and procedures.
- Accurate input and good organisational skills.
- Computer literate – good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
£26,500 - £27,500 per annum depending on skill set and experience + excellent benefits including:
24 days holiday increasing after service PLUS up to 8 Bank Holidays a year
Pension after two months - 6% contribution from the company
75% REIMBURSEMENT OF TRAVEL (up to £120 per month)
Private medical insurance - FULLY EXPENSED BY THE COMPANY plus 50% SUBSIDY FOR PARTNER
Permanent health insurance
Gym membership (up to 50% paid for by the company)
Free tea/coffee and subsidised vending
Cultural and subsidised lunch AND MORE!!!