Video Games Translator - Japanese into either Italian, French, German or Spanish. Superb opportunity to join a world leading media, video games and home entertainment brand with a responsibility to work on all editorial projects for their entertainment related materials (video games, website, apps content, product packaging etc.)
Italian, French, German or Spanish to mother tongue standard as well as an excellent level of Japanese (level of Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1 or equivalent)
Our client is a world leading media and entertainment production, delivering many recognised consumer brands to the global market place.
To work as part of their global translation and editing team they wish to recruit a Japanese + either Italian, French, German or Spanish speaking Translator. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Translation and proofreading of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
- Lead and support projects as required
- Support localisation specialists/editing team/coordinators as required
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Italian, French, German or Spanish to mother tongue standard as well as excellent Japanese ( Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1 or equivalent) and fluent English
- Experience as professional translator (not necessarily as a computer game translator, but gaming experience is desirable)
- Proficient in MS Office Package, especially in Excel
- Knowledge of translation memory software, in particular MemoQ is a plus
- Creative writing style
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise
- Great attention to details
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines
- Good team-player
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING HOURS
Negotiable, approx. £28,000 - £32,000 + 20%-40% bonus scheme (another £8,000 - £12,000) and fantastic benefits. Monday - Friday, normal office hours, inhouse
The job will be a 12 month fixed term contract (possible for a permanent job after)
To apply for this role as Italian, French, German or Spanish speaking Translator, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.