Italian, French, German or Spanish speaking Localisation Editor. Superb opportunity to join a world leading media, video games and home entertainment brand with a responsibility to work on all editorial projects for their entertainment related materials (video games, website, apps content, product packaging etc.)
Italian, French, German or Spanish to mother tongue standard as well as fluent English
Our client is a world leading media and entertainment production, delivering many recognised consumer brands to the global market place.
To work as part of their global editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators they wish to recruit either an Italian, French, German or Spanish speaking Localisation Editor. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Editing a variety of video games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
- Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Lead and support projects as required
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages
- Daily interaction with translators
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Italian, French, German or Spanish to mother tongue standard as well as fluent English
- Editing experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Ideally experience of working in the video games sector or an interest in this area
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time
- Must be a team worker
- Previous experience in the gaming industry advantage but not essential
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING HOURS
Negotiable, approx. £28,000 - £32,000 + 20%-40% bonus scheme (another £8,000 - £12,000) and fantastic benefits. Monday - Friday, normal office hours, inhouse
The job will be a 12 month fixed term contract (possible for a permanent job after) and the start date will be September/October 2019.
To apply for this role as Italian, French, German or Spanish speaking Localisation Editor, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes