Our client is one of the worlds most recognised and successful translation organisations, working with major companies across most industry sectors across the world.
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire / NW London area (20 minutes by direct train from central London)
To join their international translation production department, they wish to recruit an Editing Assistant. Your role as Editing Assistant will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Editing a wide variety of texts and images into a range of languages, which have numerous layout guidelines and client specific requirements to adhere to
- Editing translations in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Trados, Worldserver
- Doing all you can to ensure that client deadlines are met and flagging up any potential issues as soon as possible.
- Being responsible once a week for dispatching completed translations to the clients electronically, i.e. email, encryption, portal upload
- Being responsible once a week for printing/formatting translations ready for proofreading (on this day you will work 9am-5:30pm)
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Fluency in English
- Sharp eye for detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Microsoft Word skills are essential and DTP skills would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
Full training will be given.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£19,750.Excellent benefits include: 22 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), 3% contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, annual season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme
To be considered for this excellent opportunity and to join an award winning, international business, please click the Apply Now button and send your CV to us.
Contact: Jonathan Grimes