Translation Editing Assistant. Excellent opportunity to join a global translation and languages services company, working as part of their busy international team and assisting them with key administrative tasks.
Fluent English is essential. Any other language skills are an advantage but not essential
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
COMPANY AND BACKGROUND
Our client is an international and very successful translation company.
To join their international translation production department, they wish to recruit an Editing Assistant. As part of the Editing team within the Production Department, your role as Editing Assistant will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Edit a wide variety of texts and images into a range of languages
- Edit translations in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Trados, Worldserver
- Correct typographical/linguistic errors as marked by the translation proofreader
- Resolve format issues and ensure that the translations adhere to specific requirements and guidelines
- Meet all of our client deadlines and flagging up any potential issues as soon as possible
- Dispatching of completed translations to the clients
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Fluency in English is essential. Other language skills are an advantage but not essential
- Sharp eye for detail
- Microsoft Word skills are essential and DTP skills would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently within a large team while at the same time keeping up the line of communication with your supervisor regarding any issues which may affect us meeting client deadlines
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
SALARY & BENEFITS
£19,500 per annum. There are opportunities for paid overtime. The hours of work are 10.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch. Benefits include 22 days holiday, Private Healthcare Pension and life assurance scheme etc.)
In the longer term, there could be career progression opportunities for the right candidate!
To apply for this role as Editing Assistant, please click the Apply Now button and send your CV to us.