Our client is a world leading media, video games and entertainment production and distribution company.
They currently have an exciting job opportunity (10-12 month contract) for a Japanese speaking Translation & Localisation Project Manager. This role is responsible for supporting and coordinating any area of the videogame localisation operations and related tasks, including localisation of in-game text, terminology, Q&A management to video game localisation etc. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate various localisation projects of videogames and other related text from Japanese into various language (mostly French/German/Italian/Spanish)
- Communicate and coordinate schedules with various internal teams and external business partners in the UK, US, Japan and Europe
- Manage external agents (translation company) when necessary
- Assist internal teams as necessary, including Product Development, Localisation, Tech Team and marketing teams
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Fluent Japanese and English is essential. Knowledge of French/German/Italian/Spanish is an advantage but not essential
- BA or BSc degree required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines and shifting schedules
- Experience in working with a team of translators of multiple languages
- Knowledge/interest/experience in video games and/or the videogame industry is a plus but not essential
NB: This job will start as a 10-12 month contract, but a permanent job is a possibility after this time
Neg c£30,000 - £35,000 negotiable + discretionary company bonus (can be 10-20% of salary) + excellent benefits
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please send your CV to us immediately.