Our client is a world leading media, video games and entertainment production and distribution company.
To work as part of their international localisation team, they wish to recruit, for a minimum 6 month contract, either a Italian OR French speaking Localisation Editor. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Editing, including content and copyediting of rules text and other game-related text ( text is video games, and related materials, e.g video game strategy guide, video game web site etc.)
- Work with a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of Italian, French, Spanish or German
- Editing (for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang) in French or Italian from translated documents
- Review of and possible editing of game-related rules text in Italian, French, Spanish or German
- Proofread and revise, as necessary, game-related text in both electronic and hard copy formats in Italian, or French (translated from English)
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Italian OR French to mother tongue level as well as fluent English
- Educated to university level standard
- Experience of editing or publishing
- Demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite localisation language
- Must be detailed oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time
- Must be a team worker
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong advantage but not essential
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential
This job will start as a contract for a minimum of 6 months, possibly 12 months. A permanent job is a very good option also!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV DIRECTLY TO US .
The Language Business is a leading, specialist multilingual recruitment agency. If you are looking for a new job with languages or you are looking to recruit a skilled bilingual candidate please contact us for more information.