NEW JOB! German & Japanese speaking Translation Specialist. Our client is a world leading media, video & computer games and entertainment production and distribution company.
To work as part of their international translation and localisation team, they wish to recruit, for an initial 12 month contract, German & Japanese speaking Translation Specialist. The job will be to translate, proofread and edit from Japanese into German, everything necessary for the localisation of computer games related documentation. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- Translate everything necessary for the localisation of computer games, including in-game text, manuals and strategy guides from Japanese into German
- Lead projects as required; Support the editing team/coordinators/localisation management as required
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep a high level of quality across all languages
- Completion of various other tasks, for example website translation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- German to mother tongue level AND a very good level English and also of Japanese ( Proficiency Test Level 1 or equivalent experience is desirable )
- Experience as professional translator (not necessarily as a video game translator, but gaming experience is desirable). Candidates with no prior experience may also be considered
- Proficient in MS Office Package, especially Excel
- Knowledge of translation memory software is a plus (preferably memoQ)
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise
- Great attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS
- c£28,000 - £32,000 (negotiable) + bonus (c £6,000-£10,000) . 1 year fixed term contract
To apply for this role as German AND Japanese speaking Translation Specialist, please send your CV to us in full confidence immediately.