Assistant Accountant - excellent opportunity to join a world leading and very well established global IT company
£32,000 + discretionary company bonus (can be 10-20%, c£3,200-£6,400) + excellent benefits
South West London area - approximately 35 minutes from Clapham Junction
Fluent English is essential.
Our global client is a world leading brand and manufacturer in the IT industry
They are looking for an Assistant Accountant (ideally part qualified, ACCA or equivalent) to provide support to the Company Accountant overseeing daily general ledger transactions and being involved in all month end and year end processes including assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax calculations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be able to oversee the general ledger function within the finance operations ensuring all ledger postings are accurate
- To create journals as required, including accruals & prepayments
- To work as part of a team and assist with both month end and year end close processes including preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax computations
- To assist with internal management reporting
- To provide cover for VAT and Treasury functions where necessary including assist in HMRC audits
- To be able to prepare and submit ad hoc tax reports for HMRC e.g. PAYE settlements, Transfer Pricing reports, etc.
- To be able to prepare and review tax computations
- To assist with Company Secretarial duties where necessary
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Part ACCA qualified or studying for an accountancy qualification
- Ideally educated to degree level or with equivalent experience in an accounting role
- Knowledge of current accounting standards
- Awareness of tax processes
- Good knowledge of an accounting package (ideally JDE)
£32,000 + discretionary company bonus (can be 10-20% of salary, up to c. £6,400) + excellent benefits including:
- 24 days holiday increasing after service PLUS up to 8 Bank Holidays a year
- Pension after two months - 6% contribution from the company
- 75% reimbursement of travel (up to £100 a month)
- Private medical insurance - FULLY EXPENSED BY THE COMPANY plus 50% SUBSIDY FOR PARTNER
- Permanent health insurance
- Gym membership (up to 50% paid for by the company)
- Life Assurance
- Free tea/coffee and subsidised vending
- Cultural and subsidised lunch AND MORE!!!
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please send your CV to us immediately.